Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lonesome Writing

             After reading the "Claim Your Writing" packet, I must say I enjoyed the writers description of what writing is and how to do it better. I really like the opening and how it describes loneliness, especially the part comparing it to a cold shower and never getting used to it.The similes are all perfect examples although some go into greater detail and lose me in the process yet the overall comparison is still there.
           
            The second piece was another one that I really liked. I enjoy writing but never seem to be able to place myself in another's shoes. The tip of dressing as you normally wouldn't was both humorous to me as well as a great bit of advice.  Although I don't believe that I'll be wearing curlers to a coffee shop anytime soon.
           
            The short "I Don't Want to Die" was very personal to me. Not the spiritual part so much as the tips for artists. As an amature painter and long time musician, I know exactly what the writer is describing when talking about how artists see a masterpiece and immediately want to make their own. And I must say she is correct saying that artists tend to get too excited and burn themselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment